What to expect at the Carolina Surf Film Festival 2017?
The Carolina Surf Film Festival is quite an experience. You get to get out in an extremely surf oriented and friendly environment and really feel the essence of what surfing is all about, it’s not just a sport it’s a lifestyle and the Carolina Surf Film Festival brings that lifestyle experience to you. We open the doors to the festival on Friday at 4:00 PM. Music will be playing beer will be flowing and food will be available. Stop by the Sharkbanz tent to check out the latest shark deterrent devices. Then head over to the Secula surf booth to check out the awesome artwork and shapes by Tim Jump of Secula Surfboards. Stop by the food trucks or concessions stand and get yourself a treat then head over to Cooks Flips to have a custom pair of Cooks Flip Flops made right there on site. After that stop by any of the Artists tents/displays to see their works or buy one to take home and put on your wall, then head over to the Carolina Surf Brand tent and get yourself on of our cool festival T shirts or a trucker hat to take home with you. Soon the sun will be setting and the movies will get underway, but first make sure you have your raffle tickets handy and maybe stop by our raffle ticket booth to buy a few more tickets and increase your chances of winning a new surfboard, a go pro camera, Howler Brother clothes, Carolina Surf Brand Clothes, a beach cruiser, or a Sector 9 long board skateboard. Once the sun sets the movies will start. Prepare yourself for a cornucopia of various surf movies, local shorts, local features made by world traveling surfers from the Carolinas, and stay tuned for some of the most anticipated surf movie premiers on the East Coast! Keep the beers flowing and the good times going and keep your raffle tickets at the ready. Between each film we will call out raffle ticket numbers and give away the booty. We will announce the winners of the Carolina Surf Film Makers award as well as the Carolina Surf Photographer of the Year award open to all North and South Carolina based shutterbugs, and pass out the cash prizes and then we will come back and do it all again on Saturday! You don’t wanna miss this one of kind unique event!
1. What do I get with my ticket?
You can buy a daily pass for $15 that will get you into the festival for that one entire evening for Friday or Saturday.
2. You can buy a Festival pass that will get you into the festival for both evenings Friday and Saturday.
3. You can buy a Trident Pass that gets you festival access both evenings and comes with a festival T-shirt and an all-access collectible Festival badge. Select T shirt size when purchasing Trident Pass.
4. What is the best ticket deal?
The Trident pass really is the best deal. You will get the entrance to the fest both days, that costs $15 each day, so that’s $30 the collectible Trident badge is a plastic badge and lanyard that allows you to come and go to the festival as you please. With the Trident pass you get a festival t shirt that will cost $24.99 at the festival and you will get a schwag bag full of products from our vendors, surf wax, sunscreen samples, stickers etc. you will also get extra free raffle tickets that you can win a surfboard or skateboard or beach cruiser that we will be giving away. It also comes with a free festival program listing the movies that will be screened and the directors of the movies.
5. What time do the doors open and what time do they close? The festival doors open at 4:00 and then doors close at 11:00 PM in both locations.
6. What time do the movies start? The movies start at about dark.
7. Where can I find a list of the movies that will be played? The list of movies to be screened will be provided as soon as the judging panel has made their selections.
8. Can I submit a movie I made? Yes submit here: http://carolinasurffilmfestival.com/submit/
9. Can I submit a photo for the Carolina Surf Photographer of the Year award? Yes submit here: http://carolinasurffilmfestival.com/submit-photos/
10. What if I buy a ticket early but need a refund? We will gladly refund any ticket within 24 hours of the festival. Just contact us via our website for this to be processed.
11. Is this a family friendly event? Yes this is family friendly and fun for all ages.
12. Do I need tickets for Children under 6? No Childern under 6 are admitted for free so bring the kiddos along!
13. Where can I find a list of the vendors that will be at each festival? You can view our Sponsor page now or wait and we will release this prior to the festival.
14. Will there be vegetarian options for food? There will be some vegetarian options in Charleston and we will also have popcorn and snacks at both locations.
15. Can I buy a ticket the day of the festival at the venue? Yes you can buy tix the day of the festival at the box office of the event venues.
16. Can I buy a ticket with cash? Yes! We like cash!
17.Will there be an ATM on site? Yes!
18. Will there be security on site? Yes we consider your safety and security to be of the utmost importance and security personell will be onsite at both locations.
19. Do I have to be present to win the raffle? Yes unfortunately we call out the numbers and if no one answers the call we have to draw anohter ticket out of the bucket.
20. How old do I need to be to consume alcohol at the show? We follow the laws of each state so 21 Year old, bring your ID and get a wrist band to make sure your covered.
21. What if I drink to much and need a ride home? We are always willing to help you call an Uber driver and get you home safe.
22. What will happen if it rains the night of the festival and it’s cancelled due to weather? Can I get a refund? Yes the festival will either be rescheduled or called off and refunds issued.
23. Do you accept credit cards? yes, we have credit card scanners at all locations.
24. How do you benefit Surfers Healing, and SurfRider, and Charleston and Wilmington Waterkeeper? We provide awareness and donate money to these causes. The festival directly impacts the Surfers healing foundation as we give a portion of the proceeds to the Surfers Healing Charleston and Wrightsville Beach.
25. Are you currently accepting applications for employment? Yes see our website for more info.
26. Are you accepting pictures and bio’s for new ambassadors? Yes see the ambassadors page of our website for more information.
27. How can I bring the film festival to my hometown? If your interested let us know by reaching out and saying hi!
28. How do you guys do it all? We love what we do and we love surfing! We work hard all year long to bring these amazing events to our surfing community.